Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Asparagus
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 23 mins
- Total time: 28 mins
Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Asparagus has a lemon garlic and herb sauce that packs so much fresh and amazing flavor. A 30 minute shrimp scampi pasta recipe!
Cost To Make: $18-$20
½ lb spaghetti
1 lb (or 1 bundle) asparagus, rinsed
3 Tbsp butter, divided
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1½ Tbsp)
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (16-20 or 21-25 count)
Sea Salt and Pepper
¼ cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 large or 2 small lemons)
⅓ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
Grated parmesan to serve
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1 Tbsp salt and 1 Tbsp olive oil and cook pasta according to package instructions until aldente, or desired doneness (meanwhile, continue with recipe). Drain pasta, return to pot and cover to keep warm.
2. Trim asparagus to remove fibrous ends. The fastest way is by snapping off the ends and wherever they snap is where the fibrous part ends. You can also use a vegetable peeler to remove fibrous ends. Cut asparagus into thirds.
3. Place a large, deep pan over medium/high heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter. Add asparagus, season lightly with ¼ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper and cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until crisp tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
4. In the same hot skillet, add 2 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp butter. Once the butter is melted, add minced garlic and sautee, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add shrimp in a single layer and season with 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. Saute until shrimp are pink and not translucent (about 2 minutes per side). Be careful not to overcook or shrimp will be tough.
5. Add ¼ cup lemon juice, ⅓ cup chopped parsley, 1 Tbsp lemon zest and stir to combine. Turn off the heat and return pasta and asparagus to the pan. Toss everything to combine and serve with grated parmesan.